Sunday, August 5, 2007

Self Exploration into Undiscovered territory

Tonight was adventurous yet discouraging. Around 7pm, I decided that I wanted to take a bike ride out to a part of Amsterdam that Mirjam had suggested could provide me a good field site. I thought tonight would be perfect for that, I could go scope it out before I decided to devote an entire day to it. I invited Julia with me so that I could have some company getting lost.

We ventured out on Prins Hendrikkade towards Central Station, passed it and Maoz, continuing west. About 5 minutes past the train station, we took a soft left onto Haarlem St. We continued on this street taking small side trips on smaller side streets. This area was called Westerpark. It seemed to be purely residential, very discouraging. I tried to talk to some older guys that were sitting at a coffee shop and they told me that it was mainly residential.

At this point, I decided that it was be best for me to head back to the dorms and brainstorm some better spots to visit on Monday or Tuesday.

Ehh...one step back in research! Maybe tomorrow will be more insightful.

No comments: