Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Clothing is overrated!

Part I.

Subject: UW student in a seminar
Sex: Female
Age: Too young to be in the real world, well kinda.
Race: White
Religion: Couldn’t tell from the subject’s appearance.


Overall read: Average cloth student lacking sleep or style, couldn’t quite tell.

Clothing: The subject was wearing a wear pair of sweats that had absolutely no form to them, making one think that they were supposed to be worn by the male gender instead of a young woman. On top, the subject was wearing what looked like a black cycling long-sleeve shirt. The shoes were black and made by adidas. There seemed to be nothing of a sense of personality coming from the attire of the subject on Monday April 23, 2007. The choice of the subject’s clothing choice only seemed to me to be very boring. It’s as if she has no sense of style and chooses to get dressed in the dark.

Hair/Makeup: Again much like the description above, the hair style and makeup of the subject was boring. Her brown hair was up a messy bun, causing her to look like she had stuck her finger in an electrical outlet. The lack of consistency in her hair color was also somewhat strange. It looked like she might be trying to grow out some old color, and maybe just got a bad hair color job done. In any case, the color of her hair went from dark at the hairline to the ends being a much lighter color. In terms of makeup, I may have missed it but it seemed to me that she wasn’t wearing any. I guess the subject missed the memo that makeup is a must for the female gender. There was nothing about her hair or makeup that reminded me of the current generation’s tastes. It seemed to me that the subject had no intention in making either of the two features seem attractive.

Aside from the clothing, hair, and makeup choices, I saw nothing else on the subject’s body. I saw no visible tattoos or piercings, a further implication of the simplicity of the subject.


Part II.

The motivation behind the outfit that I picked out on Monday was based on desire to sleep in to the last moment before heading off to almost eight hours of class. Having spent the previous night dealing with a roommate situation, I woke up in the morning and attempted to put together an outfit that would only serve one purpose, to be comfortable as to not remind me of the lack of sleep. When I don’t get enough sleep, I am easily irritated by the simplest things, so my day tends to be a little smoother when I dress for myself. Aside from my choice in clothes, I didn’t do my hair or make up just for the simple fact, I didn’t want to. With hair that is as long as mine, it is difficult to have the motivation to do with it more than throwing it up at 7am, so this results in the electrical look almost every day. Because of the lack of motivation to put together a nice outfit, I felt that if I applied make up to my face I would look ironic (lol). Ironic in the way that I had time to apply paint to my face yet I present myself to society in a pair of sweatpants. I think it is necessary to make the whole image of the person match.

Though my outfit on Monday was a little extreme on the lazy side, I do tend to not focus too much on what I wear to school. On most days, I am only there to learn. When it comes to my appearance I am a very casual laid back person who is very content with jeans and a sweatshirt as an outfit. I find no desire to get dressed up to come to campus, nothing sounds more uncomfortable than putting some heels on to trek from the Old Fisheries building up to Mary Gates hall. Though I may look like I don’t care about the way I dress, I have a major shopping problem that revolves around jeans and shoes, yet I never seem to prance around in those on campus. I guess what people see of me from the outside is just what I am: a young simple college student just here to do what I need to do.

No comments: